Animal Control

How do I contact animal control?

Call Companion Animal Control at (715) 220-1332 or visit
Established in 2011, Companion Animal Control serves more than 30 municipalities across Washington
County, MN, Pierce County & St. Croix County, WI. Companion Animal Control responds to hundreds of
calls each year to help animals, visit for the following information &
much more:

• What to do if you’ve found an animal
• Photos of impounded animals
• How to find your lost dog or cat
• Companion Animal Control service areas
• Report an animal welfare complaint
• Community resources such as discount spay/neuter
• Impound & rescue partners

Where are animals impounded?

Western Wisconsin Animal Services, 651-248-2282. Owners reclaiming there are required to make an
appointment to reclaim their animal at the office in Baldwin, pay a reclaim fee and may be invoiced by
the municipality to recuperate additional animal control expenses. Animals are held for the state
required holding period, then evaluated and transferred to local rescues for adoption.